Saturday, July 4, 2009

First Week of Freedom

Oh people go and others come.
One less friend to lean on.
This burning heat has got me beat
With no place to call my home.
My grandma called me today.
"Be careful", she spoke.
I just rolled into the By-water
Tired, thirsty, and broke.

I think I'll stay in New Orleans
For at least another week.
This story I'm writing
Is being laid down at your feet.
My brother called me today.
He's throwin' prayers up for me.
Some might catch an ear or two.
The rest lost in the sea.

So I'll turn the page and start a verse.
One I've never heard.
Except in dreams, you were there
Singin' every last word.
Next stop might be Asheville,
North Caroline.
When you don't know what your looking for.
You never know just what you'll find.



The Xanadu Clubhouse and my home for six days.
Photobucket

Photobucket

I watched the fireworks over the downtown skyline while sitting on top of this train.
Photobucket

Photobucket

My first haircut in over a year. The beard is staying though.
Photobucket

New Orleans potluck
Photobucket

Photobucket

Jeremy, Katie, and Joe, my traveling buddies from the East Bay. We parted after a week.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment